According to Rochester Homepage, a local area couple, Mike and Danielle, will be on an episode of HGTV’s “House Hunters” this week. The couple and their Realtor shot the episode last summer; they were looking to move away from Park Ave to further out of the city to save money on rent.
Even if you’re not being featured on HGTV, there are a lot of ways to have fun in Rochester, NY. The city might have a reputation for being nothing but snow, ice, and more snow, but there are a lot of gems to be found here under the icicles. Here are several fun things to do in Rochester that won’t cost you an arm and a leg.
Take a Walk Along Park Ave
- Park Ave is the so-called “trendy” neighborhood of the city, complete with boutiques, art galleries, pubs, restaurants, cafes and more.
- When it comes to food, some top recommended Rochester sites can be found here. The Frog Pond is great for a Sunday brunch, and Dorado is a nice restaurant for Mexican-style food and a cozy atmosphere.
- Get coffee at iconic Boulder; relax with some alcoholic hot chocolate and use their free internet on a chilly winter day.
The Best Groupon Online Coupon Deals
- Everyone loves a great Rochester coupon Groupon deal, but not every discount is equally amazing. Some restaurants basically hike their prices up in order to make Groupon seem like a “deal.” One of the better options is for Bad Apples Bistro, which has a 4.5 out of five star rating on Tripadvisor, and several options for 50% off meals.
- Abbott’s is offering a great deal on comfort food for two, for only $6. Choose from meals like blue-cheese burgers on homemade rolls, and lasagna with fresh bread and salad.
- Lake Ontario often offers good value deals on services. Right now, they are offering a mozzarella-making class that comes with a bottle of wine, wine tastings, and an antipasto platter, enough for two people and it’s only $69.
What Rochester coupons are you making good use of? Let us know in the comments.